Halfway through my pregnancy with Elsa, I realized not only would I have a newborn to snuggle and admire, but eventually a toddler, which is a variety of baby I have less experience with. We are only a few months into toddlerhood, but so far it exceeds my expectations. At fourteen (and a half) months, Elsa Beatrix is easy to laugh, always smiling, and affectionate. Tantrums and sass are on the way, but right now I am enjoying happy squealing.
My favorite things right now:
- Chaining together words and signs to make little sentences. “Eat more banana” being the cutest.
- Pretend play! Feeding, hugging, singing to, nursing, and trying to change her doll’s diaper shows me that she’s been taking good notes for the past year.
- “Dancing” and “Dancing with your feet” are different requests.
- Pretending to read books to her stuffed animals.
- Understanding what we are asking her to do…”go get the block and put it in the bag” etc.
- Potty learning! Amazing progress.
- Doing the hand motions to Itsy Bitsy Spider
- Points to head, eyes, mouth, tongue, feet, toes, hair, and ear when asked.
- Animal sounds! Lion, cat, dog, monkey, pig, bird, owl, and cow.
- Learning to roll/throw/kick the ball back and forth.
- Big hugs and kisses.
My not so favorite things right now:
- Always wants to eat crayons.
- Not very interested in eating solid foods.
- A child proofed kitchen is not easy to cook in.
- Being too rough with our cats.
- Wants to eat price tags/stickers.
- Starting to attend preschool. Sad mama.
- Missed nap meltdowns.
- Everything is sticky. Me. The floor. The baby. Everything!
What’s on your favorites list right now?